Common Myths About Microblading Debunked
5 Common Myths About Microblading
There are a few misconceptions about microblading floating around, and most of the time, these myths stem from a lack of understanding. SEIR Beauty School is here to shine a light on microblading as a procedure to bust some of the more common misconceptions.
- Microblading is as permanent as a tattoo
- Although microblading looks like tattooing, it’s not the same thing. Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo. The results are long-lasting, but they won’t last forever. Clients will have to reschedule with you for touch-ups every 12-18 months.
- Microblading uses a blade
- Based on the name, we don’t blame you for thinking you’ll be using a blade! However, a microblading is a small, handheld device that uses needles to apply pigment to the eyebrows lightly. During your microblading and eyebrow feathering training course, the tutors and supervisors at SEIR Beauty School will provide in-depth instruction on using the microblading tool, so don’t worry about it too much!
- My clients will be in pain during the treatment
- As with every beauty treatment, it’s important to remember that each client is different. Some clients won’t find microblading painful at all, whereas others will experience mild discomfort. However, it’s important to remind your clients that microblading isn’t the same as tattooing, and it won’t feel as intense.
- I should tell my clients to avoid wetting their eyebrows after their microblading procedure
- Like any open cut, microbladed eyebrows need to be kept clean. Advise your clients to wash them lightly and softly with lukewarm water and sensitive soap before patting them dry and allowing them to breathe. However, make sure your clients know to avoid swimming and any activity that may cause them to sweat as sweating causes the pigment to run.
- Numbing creams or anaesthetics will affect the outcome of my client’s eyebrows
- It’s only natural to want your clients to be relaxed and comfortable throughout their appointment, and numbing aids are one way for clients with lower pain thresholds to feel at ease. Contrary to popular belief, numbing your client’s brows will not affect the final result; it’ll just make them feel more comfortable!
Why Do People Choose Microblading Over Traditional Hair Removal Methods?
- It’s a longer-lasting treatment. While some eyebrow shaping procedures last only a few weeks, microblading lasts anywhere 1-3 years with touch-ups needed every 6-12 months. The long-lasting results are ideal for those with hectic lifestyles.
- It can fill and shape. If a client has sparse eyebrows, there’s only so much that can be done with eyebrow lamination and other shaping techniques. Microblading is perfect for filling in gaps while blending seamlessly with the existing brow.
- It saves time in the long-run. A lot of people prefer microblading because of the time it saves them during their morning routine. Their brows will look picture-perfect from the moment they get out of bed and will continue to be stunning all day long.
What Will You Learn In Our Microblading Course?
- The skills necessary to create high-quality, natural-looking semi-permanent brows in 6D
- The science behind brow shaping and reshaping to produce natural-looking results
- The processes for each technique, including needles selection, colour customisation, and pigmentation selection
- Industry best practice taught by some of the most experienced professionals working within microblading
- Pain management methods
- WH&S procedures for skin penetration and guidance on how to prepare clean equipment, working with sterile equipment, how to sanitise a workstation, and how to dispose of equipment safely
- How to conduct a skin analysis and design a treatment program
- Contra-indication, contra-actions, and avoiding side effects
- How to provide pre-care and after-care instructions to your clients as well as how to develop healing schedules
- How to create and manage a successful cosmetics and microblading business
Enrol In SEIR Beauty School For Our Leading Microblading Course
SEIR Beauty School is one of the leading providers of beauty training in Australia, and we’re proud to offer a wide range of bespoke courses to suit students of all experience levels and backgrounds. We’re an iTec registered institution, and our beauty qualifications are among the most prestigious in the world. The qualifications you’ll earn at SEIR Beauty School are internationally recognised, so your beauty career can take you anywhere in the world. With one-on-one training, interactive learning experiences, highly experienced educators, ongoing support, training, and mentoring; SEIR Beauty School can set you up with the tools for an exciting career in the beauty industry. If you’re interested in undertaking a microblading course in Sydney, you can enrol with SEIR Beauty School today. We can’t wait to see where your career in beauty takes you.